Life Verse

For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

Romans 8:15-17

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Reflections on My Walk with the Lord

"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
(1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, NASB)

"Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them." (Psalm 139:16, NASB)

Over the last five years God has directed me into some things that have become the primary activities of my life; almost without me even noticing.  I believe that my leadership in Celebrate Recovery, my work in Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, my job structure at the college where I teach (part time classroom teaching and part time administrative work), and the list of the many other aspects of routine activities in my life, have been ordained by God.  This is the life He has called me to.  In some ways I feel I am uniquely gifted to perform the duties of each of these responsibilities, but in many other ways I feel inadequate.  Knowing however, that God has called me to these things at this stage in my life encourages me to tackle each day in His strength.  It is not the life I envisioned over 25 years ago when I set out to conquer the world as a naive college student completely focused on what I wanted to "do" rather than what I needed to "be".  But it is the life that fulfills the real longings of my heart: peace, freedom, love, acceptance, joy, and hope.  Don't get me wrong, I struggle each and every day with various things to varying degrees, but I know in my heart that God has "taken me on" and is working in my life to reveal the true me He created me to be.  For that, and so much more, I am thankful today.

No comments:

Post a Comment