Life Verse

For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

Romans 8:15-17

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Struggle Within Me

"For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not" (Romans 7:18, NASB)

"Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary" (Galatians 6:9, NASB)

My flesh is consistent and persistent.  It wants what it wants, when it wants it.  It wants to be lazy first thing in the morning.  It wants to lust just before I start my quiet time in the morning and sometimes during it.  It is very controlling and manipulating and has no regard for other people.  I believe God when He declares that "...nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh..." The Bible doesn't teach me to strive against the flesh on its terms, but rather to remove the flesh from the equation all together through faith by setting my mind on the Spirit and counting the flesh as dead.  The world tries to convince me that living in the Spirit (thinking about God, meditating on Scripture, and talking to God all day long) is extreme and fanatical, but that is the only way I have peace in my heart and victory over sin in my life.  It may be extreme and fanatical but that is what God has called me to and I will gladly do it to have the relationship with Almighty God that I have.  I am not perfect at it (no one is), but that is what I strive for every day.  Sometimes I feel like quitting, but I keep fighting the battle of faith because God has promised to me life eternal and an abundant life right here and now.  Don't give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment