Life Verse

For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

Romans 8:15-17

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Faith

"The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” (Deuteronomy 31:8, NASB)


Lord, I feel like I am under some sort of spiritual attack.  My mind is shifting to and fro from one negative thought to another.  You seem so far away.  It would be easy and even natural to allow my feelings and emotions to dictate to me who I am and how I should think and believe.  I know from experience that that is not TRUTH. 

This morning, I choose to believe YOU!  I am still a child of the Living God.  I am forgiven.  I am accepted and loved in Christ Jesus.  Your Holy Spirit lives in me empowering me to do all that you have asked me to do.  Sin has no power over me whatsoever.  I go into this day knowing that your Holy Presence is with me everywhere I go.  That statement is not some insignificant, insincere platitude; rather it is a profound statement of fact that You are truly with me in the here and now.  Even when I do not feel Your Presence, even when You (or I) feel so distant, You are with me.  The same truths I believed on some other day when all my circumstances were rosy and bright, and when I felt Your Presence strongly in a very real way, are still true today.  I believe You Lord when You say to me “…I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 

Sometimes I have to think, speak, and act contrary to the way I feel.  That is the essence of living by faith.  It is believing You Lord, despite my circumstances.  Thank you so much for that gift.  Today, I choose faith!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment